Saturday, April 3, 2010

LAID OUT

Taking it easy is hard.

I'm obsessed with speed, power, strength and the like. More. Bigger. Faster. Better.

I've lost sight of relaxation. Well now my body and subconscious are forcing me to relearn its values.

I've been neglecting my blog, and my twitter and my writing in general. In my defense I've just been through a lot. Things are only just settling down now. I'm reclined on a couch equipped to do so, headphones on, netbook on my 'acid blankie' and both on my lap. I'm quite hungry, but moving is a chore because of the foolish actions of my past incarnation. I was performing Bent-Over Rows on thursday and on the last rep of my last set I broke form to get another rep.  I really hope I haven't done myself any lasting damage. Life is determined to wrestle my pride away from me. (Here's the trick... I don't ACTUALLY have any.) In my opinion Pride is the Original and Most Dangerous Sin. Greed is a close second. Every other sin can be traced back to one of these two.

The World Is Not Enough.

In the vain of endeavoring not to endeavor so much, I'm going to cut this entry short and really try to enjoy my downtime today and the rest of this weekend. It's back to the grind on Monday and I need to be well-rested and healthy before then. Can't let a bum ankle force me to quit my marathon. Just gotta hang out here on the sidelines for a bit and not go too hard on it when I resume. Easier said than done. I need to remember that in the Marathon Of Life there is no prize for finishing quickly. A finish line is a goal to aim for, not the entire reason for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment